SUPERFOOD KAMUT GRANOLA
Replace your store bought granola and cereals with this healthy alternative. Instead of oats I used kamut puffs (fairly cheap and can also be made at home by puffing the grains). Then sprinkled in a few nutrient dense foods like sesame seeds, hemp seeds and goji berries. Top off your favorite smoothie bowls, acai bowls, cereals and more with your very own homemade granola.
- 2 cups kamut puffs
- 1 cup nuts (I used walnuts)
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes or shreds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine kamut puffs, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, agave (room temperature), sea salt and ground ginger. Then stir in and evenly coat with melted coconut oil.
- Transfer to baking sheet and flatten to evenly spread out. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mix in the remaining ingredients (hemp seeds, goji berries), let cool for 10 minutes (at this point the granola should be hardened).
- Enjoy with your favorite nut milks and fresh fruits.